People all who drive or ride are very much aware of challans or e-challans. Even those who do not drive are aware of this traffic challan. Both challan and are same except the format they are available in. Earlier after breaking traffic rules drivers used to get challans from traffic police. This same challan is now replaced with e-challans that is electronic or digital format of the challan. Some time back when you were caught violating traffic rules, traffic police use to catch you and confiscate you’re driving related documents till you paid them the fines. In some cases which were serious even fines where not accepted but the offenders were asked to visit the police station for interrogation. This is a common process still followed in almost all areas except few cities, which has started the e-challan system. E-challan is the digital format of challan, in which offender can open the e-challan website and apps or even open online wallet websites or app like (Paytm, PayU, Mobikwik, QuickPay, PhonePe, etc.) to pay the traffic rule breaking fine.
If you want to avoid e-challans pr challans then best is to drive safe and follow the traffic rules sincerely. But just in case you were caught breaking rules and received e-challan at your address then the simple way is to open the concerned department’s website or app or even open third party online wallets like Paytm, PayU, PhonePe, QuickPay, Mobikwik, etc for paying the fine to the concerned traffic police department.
After you receive your e-challan from traffic police or concerned police department you can open the above-mentioned websites and apps and follow the simple steps to accomplish the process to pay your fines. You should access of your internet banking or you should hold debit card or credit card or online wallets to pay your traffic violating fines.
However, whatever the case may be, you should be aware of the rule and also your rights as commuters.
Some of the rules you should be aware of:
· Traffic Police should carry the challan book or e-challan machine in order to make your pay fine for violating rules. If he is not carrying these, he/she cannot penalise you.
· When traffic police stop you, the first thing you should do is produce your personal and vehicle documents as demanded by the police officer.
· You should be aware of the fact that you will have to only produce that is only show your driving license to the police and not hand it over to him. You should not produce any other documents, it is completely your choice to do otherwise.
· Do not get into any argument with the traffic police
· If you realised your mistake, it is better you tell it to the police instead of making stories.
· Do not fall into trap of unethical demands from the police
· In case you are not carrying your driving license or your vehicle is not registered, police has right to detain your vehicle.
· If traffic police harass you, you have right to make police complaint against him/her stating the incident